Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sweet peas

the weather in Scotland is beautiful and I can't believe I picked some sweet peas today. I love sweet peas with their beautiful shapes, colours and fragrance. I also picked a few fuschia, but I doubt they will last. Still, if I hadn't picked them Jack Frost would probably have visited tonight!



A couple of years ago I decided to paint sweet peas and I struggled with the colours and shapes, but eventually got there.  I used water based acrylic (DecoArt Americana)  but it was watered down so much that it had the consistency of watercolour paint


they were fun to do and made some nice cards

Maybe now I will try painting fuschias - they are so pretty too

thanks for visiting here

1 comment:

  1. Sweet peas are so delicate and beautiful. your painting has the same delicate touch.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill