Monday, July 30, 2012

Wire crochet jewellery


I have been playing with  silver coated wire and beads. As I said in my last post I haven't crocheted in years but I have taken to it like the proverbial duck to water. Silver wire is a new medium for me and it takes a certain amount of trial and error to achieve the desired effect.

I used size 28 gauge wire  and incorporated various sizes of beads.  I then added a piece of wire wrapped sea glass,  picked on a beach in Grand Cayman and then  added a  fresh water pearl.

There are patterns & videos  online. My first necklet was done by  crocheting  3 separate strands of chain and then twisting  them together. The result is, I hope, both tactile and pleasing to the eye.








For the next project I tried something different and crocheted 3 rows of double crochet - this allows  more input as to bead placement.




I am taking orders for these necklets, in the colours of your choice.  They are all made with silver plated wire and have sterling silver clasps. Please allow 2-3 weeks completion and delivery.

I am really enjoying crafting here in Calpe where there is beautiful sunshine every day. This place is so quiet that you can almost hear the silence - very conducive to creativity. We are parked very close to a lake which is a wildlife sanctuary. There are so many herbs and plants and, just to make it more perfect (can anything be more perfect - oxymoron?) there are lots of flamingoes.

Speaking of herbs and plants, and bearing in mind that we are travelling in a small motorhome, so far we have purchased an aloe vera plant, lavender, basil, geranium and rosemary we will soon look like a travelling garden centre! NOte to self - do not buy any more plants!

Wow! aloe vera is the miracle plant - it works like magic on sunburn (already proven a few days ago,  in fact a fellow camper said to me yesterday "thanks doctor" lol ) and has so many other medicinal uses.

What will tomorrow bring?...more sunshine we hope, more Spanish wine and who knows what else?

Thank you for talking the time to read my blog - I would love you to click "follow"



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill