Wednesday, July 1, 2015

FREE CROCHET ROSE AND LEAF TUTORIAL UK CROCHET TERMS


Crochet is the very first craft I taught 30 years ago! I first taught my neighbour Cath (who is still my best friend....and she still does crochet) and then to my colleagues when we worked in an out-of-town office and had nothing to do at lunch time.

Recently I have not done much crochet but, because it has had such a resurgence in popularity I have decided to teach it again.

I have designed this pattern because it has such a wide range of uses and can be used on a quilt, bag, hat  or as a brooch.

The pattern is suitable for beginners

It us written in UK crochet terms


Abbreviations: beg = beginning, sl st = slip stitch, ch = chain, 
dc = double crochet, htr = half treble, tr = treble, dtr = double treble



ROSES
ch 34 leaving a 9” tail

Row 1: 
1dc into 2nd ch from hook and into each ch to end
Row 2: 5 htr into 2nd dc, 1 ss into next dc, 
*5 htr into next dc, 1 ss into next dc*, repeat from *to*  twice (4 clusters)
*5 tr into next dc, 1 ss into next dc*, repeat from *to* 4 times (9 clusters)
*5 dtr into next dc, 1 ss into next dc*, repeat from *to* 6 times (16 clusters)

To assemble - fold over the first two small clusters then roll gently and sew in place at the back of the rose

LEAVES
ch8 ,8 tr in fourth ch from hook, 1 htr in next ch, 1 dc in next ch, 1 ss, 1 ch, 1 ss in last ch

Turn work round, 1 dc in next ch, 1 htr in next  ch, 8tr in next ch. Fasten off


Please contact me if you have any questions about this pattern 

I crocheted this little piece to show beginners how the height varies with different stitches 



 











No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill