Sunday, June 21, 2015

Silk Ribbon Roses, Tatting and French Knots


Hi - these are a few of my recent projects combining silk ribbon embroidery, tatting and French knots. 

I am really enjoying hand stitching and is not too difficult and is very therapeutic. 

There are lots of videos on Youtube for all of these crafts......my favourite tatting tutorials are by Yarnplayer and my love of embroidery and silk ribbon work was inspired by a beautiful book called "Roses" by Di van Niekerk

These roses were all created using 7 mm wide silk ribbon and the tatted edging was done in Lizbeth thread size 20


 Silk spider roses with French knot centres and silk leaves

I embroidered the French knots using 3 strands of  DMC thread


See you soon 
 
Gill


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill