Friday, April 24, 2015

Sizzix On the Edge Doily Cards

How exciting when you get a new die!

I already have a Sizzix doily die but wanted to try the Tim Holtz On the Edge one. I think it is discontinued but you should be able to find one online. I ordered mine from the US on Amazon UK and was happy with the price

I found the best weight of card to use was 220gsm. I tried thicker card but it was too difficult to get a clean crease and also to poke out the little itsy bitsy pieces

The top of this one is vintage lace and the inner is pearlised embossed card


....for the background here I applied soft artists' pastels in pink and green, rubbed gently with kitchen towel and set it with hair spray. The beautiful rose image is from the Graphics Fairy site and was applied with spray adhesive

This would be a good choice for a wedding or Christening invitation


A nice cheerful card with paper daisies and a rhinestone flower - it's good to mix textures and colours


 I had a lot of fun making these and hope you enjoyed seeing them

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill