Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Miniature Wardrobe for Paper Art Dresses - Tutorial

Hi.......how are you today? 

I have been busy doing lots of crafting and my latest thing is how can I display my miniature paper dresses. Lightbulb moment.....in a wardrobe of course!
 
I think there are templates online but I like to do my own thing and here are the results

It was only after I had completed two wardrobes that I thought I should do a tutorial, so I have done just that. 

I used a sheet of A4 paper to show how to make a template. 

When making the actual wardrobe I would recommend using 220gsm card - anything heavier would not give a sharp enough crease where the doors fold back

TO MAKE

Fold the paper twice


Draw the top and bottom shapes
 

Cut through the 4 layers


 Undo fold 2 (you now have 2 layers with the first fold at the left hand side)
 

Mark the doors using a piece of card as a template
Cut along the solid lines then fold the dotted lines towards you


Alternatively you can make smaller doors with a drawer at the bottom


 

Add brads for handles, attach a cord for hanging a dress and decorate beautifully. I used scrapbook paper for the inside back
 


 

Happy Papercrafting

Gill
www.gillcolthart.com

Why not follow my blog for  lots more inspirational ideas and tutorials?
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Waw, it's so cute ! I love it.
    Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill