Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Napkin Decoupage on Sneakers - Tutorial using DecoArt Decou-Page




I did a quick makeover on these plain sneakers which, I think, turned out pretty cute


To do the same you will need:
a napkin 
a bottle of DecoArt Decou-Page
and a brush


How to:
Remove the laces from the sneakers and wash them if necessary

Isolate the images by cutting them out leaving 1-2cms border (this makes cutting out easier)

Cut neatly around the image, then separate the layers. Paper napkins normally have 2-3 layers and you will only be using the top layer. The way I do it is to  hold the napkins between dampened thumb and index finger and pull the layers apart .


Normally I would apply decoupage medium to both the napkin cut-outs and the surface, but, in this case I only applied it to the sneakers. I then placed the image on to the sneakers and applied two more coats (Decou-Page can be used as a glue, finish and sealer.) I cut away any excess napkin as I went along


I died the laces Strawberry Pink 


READY FOR THE BEACH


 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill