Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rhinestone Clipboard Tutorial



This was a fun project to do....
I used:
A clipboard
Rhinestones, pearls, swarovski crystals, a ceramic rose and pieces of vintage jewellery
Adhesive - I used Araldite
Cocktail sticks
A small piece of lint-free cloth
A stencil brush
A paint brush

I gave the clipboard board one coat of DecoArt Multi Purpose Sealer (use a cork or something small to hold the clip open whilst the sealer and paint dries - and move it around between coats)

then two coats of DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint - the colour I used is called Refreshing
and added a stencil flourish with the same paint in Primitive
I then applied two coats of DecoArt Creme Wax with a soft cloth and, when dried, buffed it with a soft cloth
Next was the fun part.......I applied the pearls, crystals, rhinestones and jewellery piece by piece. I stuck them on in layers until the clip was covered and cut a vintage necklace to fit any awkward parts - I found it helpful to gently push each piece in to place with a cocktail stick



now I have a nice sparkly clipboard to complete my display set when I am teaching.

GLITTER MEANS GLAMOUR
........and I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill