Sunday, August 10, 2014

Before and After Camera Case/Bag using DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish

give your camera case a new lease of life


from this.....

to this.....




My camera case was, to be honest, looking rather scruffy, but I like it as it's the right size to hold my camera. I decided it would be easier to do a makeover than search for a new one! Isn't that what painters and crafters do?
                    
I used:

  • DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint (the colour I used is "Refreshing")
  • DecoArt Americana Clear Creme Wax
  • Isopropanol (pure rubbing alcohol). 
  • 2 x lint free pieces of cloth
  • a small piece of card
  • a paint brush


The first thing I did was cut off the zipper pull

then rubbed the surface with a piece of lint free cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol

I held a piece of card against the zip when applying the paint - just to keep it nice and neat and to make sure no paint got on the zipper

 I placed the case over a bottle and left it to dry


and applied a coat of Americana Clear Creme Wax with a piece of lint free cloth ( this paint dries really quickly so I din't have too long a wait!)


after a couple of hours I buffed the whole case with a dry cloth


and added a new zip pull I made with a silver toned bow and heart and, finally, added  rhinestones for a bit of bling


I am really pleased with the result and the paint doesn't even come off if I scratch the surface with my nail! It actually looks like leather now


This paint is amazing and, like the colour I used it is "refreshing" - an added bonus is that my camera bag matches my new holiday handbag (sorry it is not a great picture)....none of mine are!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill