Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chalky Finish for Glass from DecoArt

Before.....
and after.....




I am grateful to DecoArt for giving me some Chalky Finish Glass Paint to try.
For this project I used the lovely grey called "Yesteryear" on a glass bud vase....it was past it's best and it turned out that the lovely green glass vases I bought last year in Copenhagen were actually clear glass with a plastic coating!

I used:
DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint for Glass - Yesteryear
DecoArt Americana Spray Sealer/finisher Matte
German Glitter Glass
A Rhinestone stick on embellishment
Double sided tape


To upcycle something similar:

1. Wipe the glass with rubbing alcohol using a lint-free cloth
2. Paint the glass - I applied two coats and used a filbert brush (helps prevent streaks) and leave to dry
3. Spray with varnish and leave to dry
4. Place double sided tape on the vase, where you want the glitter - I just wanted a band round the
    bottom of the vase
5. Roll the vase in the glitter glass
6. Gently brush off the excess & save for other projects
7. Apply stick-on rhinestones

This is a really easy way to transform a glass bottle or dish in to something special and would add real wow factor to any occasion....birthday party, wedding tables or even just sitting on your dressing table
Now.....what can I do with the other two?









No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill