"Thrifty Shades this Way"
these little wine glass candle shades are so pretty and are very easy to make with vellum. They look beautiful on a dressing table, mantelpiece or wedding table. They are for use only with a battery operated tea light for safety
1 x wine glass
1 x battery operated tea light*
1 x piece of card stock
1 x sheet A4 vellum ( I used 140 gsm)
Pearl Ex powder,
Vellum tape or dots
* do NOT use a normal tea light for obvious safety reasons
How to make:
1. Print the design on to card
2 . Place a piece of vellum over the card and trace the design
2. Cut the vellum inside the markings
3. Stamp the design (see below)
4. Stick the edges together at overlap ( it is best to use vellum tape or dots)
5. Place the tea light in a wine glass and add the shade
I decorated the shades by rubber stamping using a Versamark pad, and then brushing on Pearl Ex Mica Powder - this gives a lovely pearlised lustre and does not require use of a heat gun.
The next step was to brush off the excess powder with a soft brush (I use a mop brush)
Finally I set the powder with hairspray and added some DecoArt Glamour Dust.......because I love sparkle!
for this one I added some dots with a stylus dipped in DecoArt Americana paint
.......and some punched butterflies
I think I will be making lots if these.........maybe another 47, get it ? lol