Thursday, January 30, 2014

Painted rose on a sea glass pendant

I am just taking a quick break from writing tutorials for classes, so thought I would share a little project I did last night

It is always difficult to make your creations a little bit different and that is why I like to combine different crafts - I call it "Crafty Fusion"

I really liked the shape of this piece of sea glass and thought it would look nice in a wire crochet basket and then in a "that would be different" moment  I thought I would paint a rose on it.

I use 28ga Artistic Wire and a size 5.00 or 5.50 crochet hook, but this can be adapted to the thickness of the wire

Now, I don't do tiny flower painting so this was a bit challenging.

 I used DecoArt Multi Purpose Satin paint and it was easy to use and dried really quickly. It provides great adhesion  on wood, metal, glass, terracotta, ceramics, paper mache, most plastic, fabric and canvas - wow what could be better than that?

We travel a lot and I always take paint with me so the multi purpose paint meets most of my needs and I will have much less to carry (which makes more room for shoes!).

I will be teaching on 4 cruises this year and will, hopefully, find lots of nice pieces of sea glass and make something new from something old.

Happy crafting

Gill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill