Sunday, October 13, 2013

Paper shoes

who doesn't love shoes?

I have had a penchant for shoes all my life and, as I get older, I like them even more. What I would like to know is why I (we?) buy beautiful high heels when we know we can never walk in them - ok so you can go to a function and sit on a chair or bar stool but you have to actually get to the chair or stool in the first place!

I have been wanting to make some paper shoes for ages as I have seen beautiful ones on Pinterest and my creative instincts were given a boost when Karen (the Graphics Fairy) posted a lovely picture she found on Pinterest a few nights ago.

I found a really good  template and tutorial from Terri at Artful Affirmations to make the basic shoe, and this is my first attempt. The music paper I used for the insole is a graphic from the Graphics Fairy


then, because I like to add my own twist to things, I painted a rose on the next and embellished it with pearls. I used Decoart Americana paint for the rose and the back of the shoe. The label is another graphic from the Graphics Fairy and I added the text on Pikmonkey.

I am quite pleased with the results and will definitely make more, but will have to try different glues - I found double sided tape was not strong enough and my glue gun was just too heavy with the amount of glue and would have left bumps in the shoe

you won't walk a mile in these shoes but they may bring a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill