Sunday, October 20, 2013

Paper Shoes and Ballroom Slippers

once, when she was a little girl, our daughter asked if I would make her a new pair of shoes! She was so used to me sewing, knitting and crocheting her clothes that she just assumed I could make shoes to order!

Well now I can, the only problem being that they are made of paper and are too small 




my last blog was  about making the  shoes I made using a template from Artful Affirmations

The ones shown here were made using a Sizzix Bigz die called "Ballroom Slipper". Ooooh it is so easy to make them.

When I started teaching crafts about 15 years ago supplies were difficult to find - this meant that we had to think up our own ideas and make backing papers, toppers etc ourselves. Now it is all done for you and this shoe template doesn't only cut out the shapes it also creases them.

I am not going to write a tutorial for these as there are excellent videos on Youtube, especially the one by Brenda Walton  - the lady who designed this die. You can find the video here (funnily enough there were no instructions in the box).

I just purchased a Sizzix Bigshot machine at Hobbycraft, to replace my original one which I have had for many years, but have decided to keep both. I will use the new one with Bigz, Framelits and other new type dies and keep the big heavy old machine to use with the Original ones.

I seem to be havering (is that a Scottish word?) so lets see some shoes

.....lacy

.....knotty

.....romantic

.....glittery

.....pearly

.....sparkly

.....girly

.....flowery



I love this die and  it's so much fun using up bits and pieces in the designs

I used a sheet music & a little label from the Graphics Fairy as part of the embellishment

and, of course, they have to be stored somewhere so I made some little boxes



2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous collection of shoes, very clever and beautifully made. I'll take a pair of flowery please, if you do them in a size 6?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill