Sunday, August 11, 2013

Shabby Chic Cards & Tags


I had such a busy week - gift wrapping for a magazine feature and working on kits.

I also played with  Tim Holtz Distress Inks on cards and tags and am I am really pleased at how versatile and easy to use this product is

I used the applicator tools I made in my last tutorial and they worked really well.


I  made this cute little design with the intention of making a gift card, but then decided it would look nice in a small frame


I started off visiting my usual source of inspiration the Graphics Fairy site,  and found this beautiful vintage script graphic which I used for the background.  It really does look so old and not like something you just printed off

I rubbed some of the distress ink around the edge (colour is Vintage Photo). The mannequin was cut from card  and I stuck on faux silk leaves  for the skirt. The little bow is made with hand dyed silk ribbon




I also hand painted roses on some vintage  tags with DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint and have  listed them  on my Etsy shop







I found the best place to buy buff scalloped tags was Amazon - even better make your own with a cutting die.This means you can personalise the card stock you use



.on another note, I have been accepted as an Outreach Blogger by DecoArt (I love that company and have been a Helping Artist with them for over 10 years)

bye for now






No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill