Monday, August 26, 2013

How to wrap bottles tutorial

have you ever had a battle with a bottle?
..not drinking it but wrapping!



I like to use good old brown wrapping paper for a man's gift (I get huge rolls at Costco). It's handy to have a roll to hand as it can be embellished in so many ways with tags, foliage, fir cones - I have even added a keyring to one.

so here goes...this is what you need

A bottle (of course) -  you might even need a spare one to open if my instructions aren't very clear! 
Paper
Double sided tape
Gift tag & twine
Single hole punch
Scissors
Embellishments - I used a vintage tag and printed graphics from the Graphics Fairy



and........this is what you do

 cut a piece of paper wide enough to go around the bottle plus ½" and the height of the bottle plus 5"

lay the bottle on the paper and draw a pencil line just over half the diameter of the bottom of the bottle. Snip to the pencil at approximately ½" intervals


fold over one long edge 1/2 inch, make a crease and attach double sided tape over the fold



wrap around the bottle and stick it down




placethe bottle on it's side and tuck the slitted paper in towards the middle and stick it in place (I use sellotape) as this part won't be seen.  (If this is a gift for a special occasion you could cut out a circle to cover it and make it look neater) 


Stand the bottle up and make two creases

Fold over the corners

Fold down

Punch 2 holes

Tie a tag on with twine - this is a plain buff tag, which I gave an aged effect to with distress ink and then stamped the text on




stick on  label/s - I found these at the Graphics Fairy site




and then wait for the opening.....



... a couple of other ideas for wrapping a bottle for the man in your life - use  wallpaper samples






 hold curled ribbon in place with sticky glue dots



This steps used for the bottom of the bottle can also be used to wrap round shape boxes - maybe with a multi loop bow on top

and....I almost forgot, I have a new website

Happy Wrapping

1 comment:

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill