Saturday, August 31, 2013

Earrings Display Cards


it all started off with tatting. I learned to tatt a couple of years ago and one of the things I enjoyed making was earrings.
of course this lead to adding pearls, pieces of sea glass or some Swarovski crystals and now making jewellery is one of my favourite crafts


In the past few months I have played with different ideas to display my jewellery, such as...... 

 little swallows on plain card

cards aged with distress inks

 painted with DecoArt Americana acrylics

business cards


and, after lots of trial and error I decided on using this  lovely Antique Stock Image of Godey's roses from the Graphics Fairy site

 I only wanted roses over one half of the card so cropped the image it to suit. 

and  used the services of Pikmonkey to add the text and frame - you can find an earlier blog here on how to do this


next I  printed on to 300gsm ivory card
and cut in to individual cards




I used  a Sizzix scalloped tag die 

and a punch from  Bead Landing -  available at Michael's (US) &  (sometimes) Etsy

 my cards are done, with some changed to display pendants or smaller earrings









ENJOY
Gill

and a ps - to make the cards with 4 rounded corners I cut them on the Sizzix a second time (with the tag facing the opposite way).


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill