Monday, July 22, 2013

Dragonflies & Sweet Peas on card


Isn't this weather amazing? Imagine having 3 weeks sunshine in Edinburgh........I haven't been sitting out in it much as I have been trying to get organised after the cruises. Everything is now packed away so I am trying to come up with some new designs.

Karen,  the Graphics Fairy,  posted a beautiful dragonfly on her Facebook page this week and it really inspired me to get busy again and make some cards and tags


I stamped the greetings, using a Versamark Watermark Stamp pad



and  brushed on some Pearl Ex Powdered Pigment 



next I brushed off the excess powder, and,  only after  every trace of the excess powder was brushed off,  I sprayed the cards with DecoArt Spray Sealer to hold the remaining powder in place. (the ombre effect on the card below was achieved by using 2 colours of Pearl Ex)



I then cut and pasted lots of dragonflies and printed the page on to copy paper, plus a few more on vellum (I used the vellum ones for the top layer of wings on the get well card)


I painted the dragonflies with DecoArt Metallic paint in Sky Blue Pearl,  and for added sparkle, sprinkled on some DecoArt Glamour Dust (my absolute favourite)

 I cut them  out using decoupage scissors (a bit fiddly but worth it) and stuck them on to the cards & tags with tiny sticky dots


 I painted this tag with DecoArt America  Camel & Sand paints and dry brushed DecoArt  Glorious Gold Metallic over it - the resulting effect is almost like wood and I thought it would make a nice  gift tag for a pair of turquoise earrings I had just made



Enjoy summer and I hope you see lots of lovely dragonflies

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gill, I just found your web site among the comments on "The Graphic Fairy " website ..re Freezing paper for fabric Transfer..
    Just wanted to say , I love your blog and your vision for all things beautiful ..
    Cheers
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill