Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sew Sew Pretty

it has been a busy week as we are having work done in the house

I decided to paint our really nice, but really old Laura Ashley dining table. I love the shaped edge and legs. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, which is great insofar as it adheres to most surfaces.

 I do have the Annie Sloan finishing wax, but didn't use it as I find the results are a bit streaky. Instead I used Polyvine Varnishing Wax. I have applied one coat already and will sand it with fine sandpaper before repeating the process.

I am absolutely delighted that it matches our sideboard which is the way we bought it (I have resisted changing it as it is a lovely colour!

I also had a wee play with some graphics from The Graphics Fairy loved those vintage sewing graphics and couldn't think where to put them so I printed them on to Lazertran  & now have a personalised sewing machine which I think looks cute! even although it was a cheap one I actually prefer it to the super duper one I treated myself to when I retired!





I love using graphics and have lots of ideas in mind,  thanks to my graphics fairy Karen

2 comments:

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill