Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nest on a tin heart

isn't it funny how you can have something lying around the house for ages and can't think what to do with it? You take it out,  look at it from different angles, hold all kinds of embellishments against it and it just doesn't work......

and then, one day, you take it out again and think "I know what would look nice on this"

well, that happened to me today and this is the result



I painted this tin heart with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and gave it a coat of varnish, then I pasted on the two graphics with Mod Podge. Both graphics are from my favourite (in fact my only) source for royalty free graphics The Graphics Fairy


I hand painted the flowers with DecoArt Americana paint and added a little mother-of-pearl button and organza bow


shabby shabby shabby

2 comments:

  1. Your tin is just lovely! Love the nest! Coming over from The Graphics Fairy. I'm your newest follower. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness--you have an uncommon and wonderful talent! I would want those flowers painted everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill