Saturday, September 22, 2012

sow's ear to silk purse?

I've been doing a bit of upcycling this week

I painted some leaves on an old cotton shirt with DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paint and added some hand dyed silk roses I made. This might be nice to wear when doing demos











I also gave new life to a  drinks canister

I used a jar image from The Graphics Fairy site, and printed it on to linen. Next I painted a few flowers with DecoArt  Americana paint and then added some gingham binding, lace edging and mother of pearl buttons




these boxes are a great size to store knitting needles, buttons etc



crafting on the cheap! I always feel that, if you are creative, you don't have to spend a fortune on supplies.......

thanks for looking and, just a quick reminder, if you would like to be entered in my first giveaway all you have to do is follow my blog or add your email

5 comments:

  1. That is so so pretty! I love upcycling projects. Thanks for sharing at my party. Please add my link or button to your post so that others know you joined in too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I am visiting from Graphic Fairy and also am your newest follower! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've absolutely fallen in love with the gorgeous ribbon rose accented white blouse. Have always wanted to learn how to do ribbon embroidery and embellishments - you've inspired me to "just do it!" The fabric painting adds even more delicate beauty. Wearable art - and a masterpiece! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Sharon. I haven't been doing silk ribbon work for evry long, but found lots of videos on Youtube and absolutely lobe the book called "Roses" by Di van Niekerk

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill