Monday, August 6, 2012

I Believe in Angels

my favourite quote is
"be not  inhospitable to strangers - they may be angels in disguise"



I love angels, I think most women do - maybe because of those little scraps we used to have as children. We kept ours slotted in between the pages of books; they weren't glued in because sometimes we would swap with each others. The most prized, I thought,  one was the large version of the one below




This week I made a sweet little linen pillow with ribbon roses and an angel I found on
The Graphics Fairy website. It is such a good resource for graphics for use on wood, card or fabric. It amazes me  how many different creations Karen's followers can make from the same graphic

I transferred the angel image using Dylon Image Transfer and layered it on 2 pieces of linen

I had already dyed some seam binding in green and satin ribbon in pink ombre to make the roses



I sewed them on the cushion and added 3 mother of pearl heart shaped buttons at each visible corner




then made a "pillow" cushion - folded over  at the back so no zip required
and........it is finished




Today I received 3 rolls of silk ribbon from US eBay and the next project will be bridal

This is my new blog - I lost my old one! and need new followers. Please click to follow and you will soon be able to participate in my first draw for a bag of goodies - not red carpet stuff but still nice!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I think my granddaughters would love to have angel pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty! My mothers name is Angel-- I would love to get a pillow as a gift for her. I am also a new blogger--please take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take a look and your blog is fabulous as are your Halloween projects. i have followed too

      Delete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill