Saturday, August 18, 2012

Faux Book Hidey Hole



today I have done a quick little project and turned a box in to a faux book.  I will use to hide small valuables in


I started with this box which is just perfect,  as it has a slide out drawer, but any strong (book size) box could be used



The book spine graphic is from The Graphics Fairy

I placed  the graphic in the centre of the page so I had enough to fold around the front and back of the box. You can find the front and back covers of the original book on the same site but I  used the spine only


I then stuck the paper around the box (any paper glue would do) and it now sits under a small pile of books on a dresser


If you are storing any silver jewellery it is a good idea to store it in a ziplock bag and place an anti-tarnish tab in with it. I get mine at a really reasonable price from Palmers Metals , the ziploc bag can then be stored in the faux book box.

Although it looks very faded it really does look like an old dusty book and would, I hope,  not catch the eye of any intruders - hopefully we won't have any! If we do I hope they are not avid readers!

I hope I remember where I have hidden this stuff and don't throw it out or give it to a charity shop!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen boxes like that around here, and I think they're adorable. I never would have thought of making one myself. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Diane - sometimes the simplest ideas are best, kind regards, Gill

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill