Monday, July 30, 2012

the hunt for lace


my blog continues...........after a very long break. This time I am going to stay focused and learn how to create an acceptable, if not beautiful blog.

So much has happened since my last post - in fact, far too much to even think about, never mind write it.

A quick update on creative aspirations and results; I am still tatting and working on getting my tension right. I have bought a number of books including one by Marilee Rockley (Yarnplayer) - most of her designs are beautiful and are manageable for a tatter at my level. I also bought the Visual Tatting book by Mary Konior & I hope to progress on to some of her fabulous designs. I tatted this bracelet based on a pattern for a bookmark - it looks very summery with a lovely ivy leaf clasp



I haven't done much painting, just a few bits here and there. Here being at home in Scotland and there being in Spain & France whilst travelling in our motorhome. Last week our friend Ade celebrated a big birthday and I painted a simple design on a flowerpot containing a rosemary plant for him


We are currently in Calpe on the Costa Blanca in Spain. It is so good to escape the Scottish weather in this lovely place. Tomorrow I will return to the flea market to hunt for more antique linen and lace to add to the ones I sourced last week......more on that later

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill