Monday, July 30, 2012

Romantic baskets & ribbon roses


my creative fairy has decided to stay and I have been making some ribbon roses

I started off with plain pink ribbon and dyed it with Pebeo Setasilk



and hand rolled the inner roses and added individual petals with stab stitches.




Once they were added to the basket I embellished it with some lace ribbon,  hydrangea I had previously  painted on linen and a little tatted butterfly


..............another basket
with a crochet doily, vintage French ombre ribbon leaves and hand dyed ribbon roses -

These baskets are available on Etsy or to order - they  are perfect for storing crafting goodies, toiletries, accessories in in or for the wow factor on holiday.

EACH ITEM IS UNIQUE

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Now I want to go out in the garden and gather roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Diane - I just saw this. Thank you - hope you picked some nice roses

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill