Monday, July 30, 2012

Back home to new things


I'm not doing too well as a blogger! So much has happened since my last post. I landed up in hospital in Palencia, Spain for 3 days. I can't thank the hospital staff and local people for their kindness;  I really appreciated it. We are now back home in Edinburgh and it is great to see our family - aren't grandchildren just the best?  I am having a small op on Tuesday, but hope to have a quick recovery!

I am still tatting and have started making jewellery - I love these little guardian angels, some are made with beads and others incorporate a little tatting. I have listed a few on Etsy but haven't sold any yet. I have sold a few elsewhere,  but my aim is to enjoy it rather than concentrating on selling.


I visited the Edinburgh Bead Fair a couple of weeks ago and it was great to see a couple of ladies who used to come to my decorative painting classese. I watched a tiara making demo and, of course, bought materials to make a couple. It was great to see Agnes from agnesdr.com - Agnes used to come to painting classes and it was always great fun. She has now moved on to making the most beautiful chain maille jewellery and also runs classes  in her studio near Edinburgh. I was really inspired by her work and.......guess what? I am going to try making some!

We are moving back into our house within a couple of weeks so there might not be much time for hobby crafting as I will be busy making curtains, cushions etc. No rest for the wicked!









No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill